Some exercises are better at fat burning, here are my top 10 fat burning exercises.
1.Barbell Man Maker
Okay, I admit this move is kind of burpee-adjacent, but I'm going to include it anyway to start things off. It's just that good.
Man makers take the same basic up-and-down form of the burpee, then adds a barbell press at the top of the movement. Check out this helpful explainer to nail the form.
There are many variations to the lunge, but the plain jane forward lunge is still very effective for weight loss, as it works multiple muscles at once (think: glutes, quads, and hamstrings) for max calorie burn. Get ready to move those short-shorts to the front of your closet.
- Stand tall with feet hip-width apart. Place hands on your hips or hold weights, and take a controlled step forward with your right leg.
- Keeping your spine tall, lower your body until your front leg and back leg form a 90-degree angle.
- Pause, then bring your right leg home to start.
- Now do the other side by stepping forward with your left leg.
- Repeat 10 times on each side. Do a total of 3 sets.
Different from your traditional squat, a goblet squat is much safer and still does everything a regular squat would do. You will not have the weight putting pressure on your back. Having the weight in front of you will allow you to keep your back in a more upright position, allowing you to have better form.
Great exercise for your legs and arms. Tones your thighs and hamstrings along with your upper arms.
If you think jump ropes are just for kids on the playground or boxers perfecting their rhythm, you don't know skip. The most basic piece of equipment in the gym gives you a full body workout with a ton of fat burning potential.
Start off by perfecting your speed skipping form for short periods, two minutes at most. Keep your arms relatively still at your sides and rotate your wrists to spin the rope, and jump off the ground only high enough so that you clear the rope. Land as softly as possible on the balls of your feet, ready to spring up again on the next rotation.
Once you master the basics, there's a whole world of jump rope moves and workouts open to you. Try out some high intensity interval (HIIT) routines with the rope and jump into even more fat torching benefits .
This was something that a few of my soccer coaches made me do as a form of fitness. This truly feels like an entire body workout.
You are going to be on the ground on all fours. From there, you are going to starting walking forward. At first, it doesn’t seem that bad, but very shortly after that, the burn starts to creep in.
The burn comes from all areas. You will feel it in your shoulders, your biceps, and your triceps. That’s just the upper body burn. While all of this is going on, you’ll be burning from your thighs down to your calves.
You will be able to feel that fat almost melting off.
This exercise effectively targets your core, chest, and legs simultaneously. Feel the burn and know you're building lots of lean muscle.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides. Push your hips back, knees bent, and lower into a squat.
- Place your hands on the floor directly in front of you and shift your weight to them. Jump back softly to land on your feet in the plank position.
- Jump your feet forward so they land just outside of your hands. Reach your hands up and jump explosively into the air.
- Immediately lower back into a squat for the next rep. Repeat 8 to 12 times. Complete 3 sets.
7.Med Ball Slams
Med ball slams are the perfect exercise for your crappiest days.
You're not just burning fat here—burn away stress, anger, boredom, or whatever else is bothering you as you smash the ball into the ground as hard as humanly possible.
Use your entire body for the move, raising the ball above your head and rising up on your toes, then using your core, hips, and arms to slam it back down. Catch the ball as it bounces back to your chest and repeat.
A term popularized by the CrossFit community, thrusters combine squats with an overhead press.
This compound movement gives you the benefits of both the squat and the overhead press at the same time in quick succession. You are getting your legs, chest, and shoulders worked extremely hard in this exercise. Not to mention that your core will become much stronger as well.
This will quickly increase your heart rate, forcing your body to work internally much faster than it usually does, thus burning fat at a faster rate as well.
Whether you use resistance bands or not, mountain climbers are an excellent way to burn calories. The quick leg motion targets obliques, butt, and hamstrings.
- Loop center of band around a stable post like a couch leg. Start on floor in plank position facing away from post, feet placed in handles like stirrups.
- Alternately bring right and left knee in toward chest, not allowing toes of bent leg to touch floor.
- Repeat for 1 minute and rest 20 seconds. Do 3 sets.
These intervals may be short—but trust us, you'll appreciate the off intervals.
- Begin with dumbbells up to your shoulders and feet together.
- The dumbbells jack straight up, until arms are fully extended. At the same time jump your feet outward. Continue with all-out effort for 20 seconds.
- After 10 seconds of rest, place feet shoulder-width apart, dumbbells at your chest.
- Begin jabbing the dumbbells across the body. Switching sides, continue with all-out effort for 20 seconds. After 10 seconds of rest, repeat both exercises for 8 rounds.