Ever seen a chubby boxer? There's no better start to your weight loss circuit than this deceptively gruelling test of agility. "Alternate legs while jumping the rope," says Fabrice. "This can help you burn up to 300kcals in 30 minutes." After five sets of 120 skips, you'll be punching through your weight loss goals.
Nothing burns belly fat faster than crunches, which occupy the number one position in fat-burning exercises. Now, it’s time that you start performing this exercise.
How to perform it:
- Start by placing your forearms on the ground with your elbows placed right under the shoulders. Keep the forearms parallel to each other.
- Now lift your body up to get into a push-up like position.
Stay in this position for about 30 seconds.
You don't need to shift heavy metal to get something from the king of weightlifting moves. The bodyweight squat is difficult enough in high-rep sets that the first-timer doesn't even need a barbell across their shoulders. Fabrice recommends putting your toes against the wall to maintain posture. "Go as low to the floor as possible while keeping toes, knees and nose lined up," he tells us. Hitting your body's biggest muscles supersizes your calorie burn, torching more fat in less time.
No, you don’t need a bicycle for this. Thinking how you can do this? We’ll tell you.
How To Do
- Lie on the floor and keep your hands either by your sides or behind your head as you do in crunches.
- Lift both your legs off the ground and bend them at the knees.
- Bring your right knee close to your chest, keeping your left leg away.
- Now take your right leg away and bring your left leg close to your chest.
- Keep doing this as if you are paddling a bicycle.
6.The Russian twist
How to perform it:
- Lie down on the floor with both your knees slightly bent.
- Extend your arms in front and clasp the palms together. This is your starting position.
- Rotate your torso to the right and hold for 3 seconds and then return to the starting position.
- Now rotate your torso to the left and hold for 3 seconds before returning to the starting position again.
Perform this 7 times for each side.
7.Shadow boxing with dumbbells:
There's a reason so many boxing staples are on this list – fat fighters don't last long in the ring. Shadow boxing is draining, but doubly so with a pair of weights. "Using a very light weight, perform punching movements by hitting the air as fast as you can for 50 seconds," says Fabrice. "Rest for 10 seconds and repeat five to seven times." Perform it in front of the mirror and admire your shift from heavyweight to bantam.
This is a workout for beginners who want to reduce belly fat quickly.
- Stand with your legs hip width apart. Keep your knees slightly bent.
- Lift both your hands in front of you, aligning them with your shoulders and keeping them parallel to the ground.
- Lunge forward as shown in the picture. Take a big step forward with your right leg, and sit down as if on a chair so that your knees make a 90-degree angle with the floor. The left leg should be positioned backwards, supported by the toes.
- The spine should be kept straight. Don’t bend your spine forward.
- Twist your torso (just the torso, and not the legs) to the right and then to the left.
- Repeat 15 times.
How to perform them:
- Get down on all fours with your palms resting flat on the floor shoulder width apart.
- Straighten your arms and legs.
Lower your body so that your chest nearly touches the floor.
Now push your body back up.
Repeat 10 times.
Don't let appearances deceive. Your arms may shoulder the weight, but it's torque from your hips that propels it forward, making this exercise a comprehensive full-body burn. "Keep your chest up and repeat the swinging movement without stopping," says Fabrice. "It’s best to use low to moderate weight for this exercise to begin with." You'll be wincing next time someone suggests a cuppa.
If you are looking for workout clothes check our fitness and yoga leggings page.